Home/The World is Our Parish
The Orthodox Anglican Communion® is a global movement of Christians committed to the historic faith in the Anglican tradition. Established in 1964 and with over one million lay members, the Orthodox Anglican Communion is the largest such fellowship of Churches not affiliated with the See of Canterbury.
We Are . . .
A bible-based, global communion of dedicated Christians striving to hold fast to the teachings of Jesus Christ and to carry out his commission to preach, teach, and baptize in His name.
- The Bible is God’s Word written. The Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are divinely inspired, and contain all things necessary to salvation through faith in Jesus Christ alone.
- The Sacraments of the Church are God’s Word in action. Two, Baptism and Holy Communion are ordained by our Lord Jesus Christ for all Christians.
- The written Word and the holy Sacraments are joined together and rightly proclaimed in the classic editions of The Book of Common Prayer. (Editions 1928, 1662, and the Scottish 1929.)
- The Apostles’ and Nicene Creeds are to be taught in the Church and to be received by the Faithful.
- Marriage is a sacred bond between a man and a woman.
- The Ordained Ministry of the Church is reserved to godly men only because they act in persona Christi Capitis, in the person of Christ, the head of His body, the church.